Persona 5 is one of the most popular JRPGs and it deserves every bit of hype that it gets. Whether it’s the Personas, the skills, the fusion possibilities, or the Arcanas – there is a lot of variety in everything that the game has to offer and it adds a lot of replayability value to the experience too.
As you’d expect, not all Personas are created equal and some are easily better than others.
One of the most important and beloved Personas in both Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royale is Yoshitsune. Yoshitsune takes a lot of time to be fleshed out as a powerful part of your team, but once he’s ready, he ends up becoming an incredibly effective Persona to use in the second half of the game.
After all, he has immunities that allow him to bless spells back towards enemies, reflect lightning, and even take less damage to fire – which makes him an all-rounder option that can avoid almost every type of damage that you can throw at him.
Naturally, it can take a while to figure out how to use the right options when making a strong Yoshitsune – so we’ve created a guide that will help you get started and have an overpowered Yoshitsune by your side throughout the game. So, let’s get started!
Yoshitsune Persona Build Guide
Although Yoshitsune is a pretty useful Persona in general, what we’re going to do here is to use the fusion system and make him even better. If you wish to make any changes by yourself along the way, you can use this Persona 5 Fusion calculator to personalize the experience more to your liking.
Although Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal have some differences, this guide essentially covers both and the difference in steps is not hard to tell. If anything, fusion is simpler in the original release for Yoshitsune.
In any case, let’s get started with our recommended method:
1. Rank up certain characters
You need Yamata no Orochi, Kodama, Ishtar, Chi You, Atropos, Gabriel, Kali, Baal, Fafnir, and Uriel to start off with. Assigning certain skills of your choice and ranking them up to a good level will help you gain better results.
2. Level up yourself
As stated earlier, Yoshitsune is a late-game Persona if you truly wish to use his true potential. So, you need to be at least level 90 and it helps to have the Strength Arcana by your side too. Otherwise, the fusing process might become annoying for you when you finally get around to it.
3. Start fusing
Here’s the proper fusion path needed to gain an extremely strong Yoshitsune:
- Fuse Yamata no Orochi (drain ice) and Kodama to get Atropos (drain ice).
- Fuse Ishtar (drain wind) and Chi You (drain psy) to get Gabriel (drain wind + drain psy).
- Fuse Atropos (drain ice) and Gabriel (drain wind + drain psy) to get Kali (drain wind + drain psy + drain ice).
- Fuse Kali (drain wind + psy + ice) with Baal to get Uriel (drain wind + psy + ice).
- Fuse Fafnir (drain nuke) with Uriel (drain wind, psy, ice) to get Futsunushi (drain wind, psy, ice, nuke).
Then comes the second phase of fusing Personas.
- Fuse Thoth and Sandalphon (repel curse) to get Black Rider (repel curse).
- Fuse Black Rider (repel curse) and Agathion to get Lachesis (repel curse).
- Fuse Zach Goungen (trait) and Lachesis (repel curse) to get Atavka (trait + repel curse).
- Fuse Atavka (trait + repel curse) and Uriel to get Attis (repel curse + trait).
- Fuse Attis (repel curse + trait) with Succubus to get Yatagarasu (repel curse + trait).
By now, you should have everyone that you need to fuse, and here’s the last step to follow:
- Fuse Arahabaki + Shiki Ouji + Okuninushi + Yatagarasu (drain curse + trait) + Futsunushi (drain wind, psy, ice + repel nuke) to get Yoshitsune.
This Yoshitsune will have Repel Curse, Drain Wind, Psy, Ice, Nuke, and the Undying Fury Trait.
One important thing to keep an eye out for is to learn the Hassou Tobi move which allows him to deal physical damage that occasionally hits critical and does an insane amount of damage to the enemies. You can obtain it between levels 87 to 95.
And one last thing to note is that if your DLC is affecting your fusion line, you should:
- Fuse Chi You (drain psy) and Queen’s Necklace to get Thor (drain psy).
- Fuse Ishtar (drain wind) and Thor (drain psy) to get Gabriel (drain wind + psy).
Once done, just start from the beginning of our guide and go all the way to the end.
We hope that you found this guide useful and while you’re here, make sure to check out some of our other gaming articles too!