It is a known fact that gadgets have become pricey in Nigeria. And these are a result of not producing them here, the exchange rate, the sudden pandemic, and several other factors. Getting a quality phone can be challenging financially. However, if you’re looking for a reliable one and your budget is under ₦40,000, there are still some available in the market.
In this article, we will journey through the list of 5 best cheap android phones under ₦40,000 in Nigeria. You can compare the features of these cheap android phones and go for any that suits your budget size.
A low budget shouldn’t be a reason for not getting a brand new good phone for yourself.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
1. Nokia 3.1
Nokia is one of the most popular brands in Nigeria and across the globe. One of their recent products, which is the Nokia 3.1, is not just affordable, but reliable.
This is why it’s the number one of our list and we recommend it as one of the best cheap android phones under ₦40,000. It is endowed with a lot of worthwhile features and its current price on Jumia as the time of writing this is about ₦35,500.
Nokia 3.1 Quick Specs
- Display: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, 16M colors.
- Screen: 5.2 inches, 68.9cm, and a corning gorilla glass 3 protection.
- Resolution: 720×1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio
- CPU: Quad-core 1.3GHz Cortex A7.
- Internal storage capacity: 32GB
- RAM: 3GB
- Camera: 8 MP AF, with a LED flash at its rear, and 5 MP at its front.
- Battery capacity: In-built 4100 mAh.
2. Xiaomi Redmi 9A
When it comes to the list of quality phones we really admire, Xiaomi cannot be left out. And this is coming from first-hand experience of one of their products.
You get the best from this brand at a reasonable price. The Xiaomi Redmi 9A is a cheap android phone under ₦40,000 in Nigeria. It operates smoothly on an octa-core quad comm snapdragon 425 along with its 2GB RAM and large internal storage. Its screen is protected with corning gorilla glass 3, which means you can hit it hard with a hammer…lol.
Additionally, Xiaomi Redmi 9A has a long-lasting battery that can last you several hours giving you fewer worries about changing every now and then.
Xiaomi Redmi 9A Quick Specs
- SIM: Dual Nano.
- Screen: 6.53-inch size, 20:9 ratio, 720×1600 pixels Foldable.
- Display: IPS, LCD capacitive touch screen, 16m color.
- Operating System: Android version 10.0
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0GHz, cortex A53 MediaTek.
- Internal storage: 32GB ROM / 64GB ROM which can be extended via its micro SD card slot.
- Camera: 13 megapixels at its rear and 16 megapixels in front.
- Network: 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE.
- The fingerprint sensor at its rear.
- CPU: PowerVR GE8320.
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po.
3. Gionee S11 Lite
Gionee S11 Lite is among the best cheap android phones available in the Nigeria Phone market. Gionee S11 Lite is only available in color black and it is endowed with a fingerprint sensor at the back.
It also has a LED flashlight for low capturing. You can rest assured that the camera is top-notch. It’s featured with a fast-charging battery that lasts for several hours. It is, however, important to note that the Gionee S11 Lite is a little over 40k on Jumia and, trust me, the extra four thousand plus is worth it.
Gionee S11 Lite Spec
- Screen: 5.7-inches size, with IPS, LCD capacitive touch screen, 1280×720 pixel.
- Operating System: Amigo 4.0 (Based on Android 7.1 System)
- CPU: Quad-core MediaTek MT6737
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal storage: Expandable 64 GB ROM which can be done via its micro SD card slot.
- Camera: 16 megapixels front camera and 13 megapixels rear camera.
- Network Support: 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE.
- SIM: Dual micro SIM slots
- Battery: Non-removable 3030 mAh. Supports fast charging.
- Camera: Autofocus, LED flash, face detection, touch focus, HDR.
4. Qubo P19
Qubo P19 is one of the best cheap android phones under ₦40,000 in Nigeria that offer admirable qualities. Qubo P19 brand might not be so popular here in Nigeria but it is well-known in the global market. This phone is endowed with an impressive battery capacity which will surely save you the stress of depending on power or carrying a power bank around.
Additionally, Qubo P19 has a great processor and a large memory for your photos, music, videos, and other files. It has a fingerprint sensor at the back. Finally, Qubo P19 comes in 3 different options that you can choose from; white, black, and gold.
Qubo P19 Quick Specs
- Display Type: High definition IPS display, LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Resolution: 1280×640 which makes the image look vivid and bright.
- Camera: 0.3 megapixels plus 8.0 megapixels with a flashlight back camera. 5.0 megapixels front camera with flashlight
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5GHZ ARM Cortex A53.
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 32GB can be extended to a maximum of 256 GB.
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie.
- Battery: Non-removable 5200 mAh.
- SIM: Dual
- Network: 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE.
5. Umidigi A7 Pro
- Image: TechSoFar
The Umidigi A7 pro is the Umidigi’s latest budget device in the A series and its arguably one of the best devices on this list, there’s just one problem, it is a little over 40k on Jumia, however, it is totally worth it.
The A7 pro delivers a quad-camera system (four back cameras) and a 16MP selfie camera that is fairly okay (we tested this). In addition, 4GB of RAM and up to 64GB of storage to save all your pictures and movies, for now, in this price category, this is the device we recommend.
Umidigi A7 Pro Quick Specs
- SIM Card: Dual Nano SIM
- OS: Stock Android 10.0
- Display: 6.3″ FHD+ 19.5:9 Waterdrop Display
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X
- ROM: 64GB
- Front camera: 16MP
- Rear camera: 16MP+16MP+5MP+5MP
- Battery: 4150 mAh
- Screen display: 6.3-inch IPS capacitive touch screen, ratio 19:9.
- Resolution: 2280 x 1080 pixels.